Here are some of the biggest winners in the Dota 2 Patch 7.34.
After waiting for a few weeks following the Riyadh Masters 2023, the Dota 2 7.34 patch is finally here. In our overview, we’ve mentioned that there are tons of changes you need to be aware of, and most of them are related to the different heroes. However, there are also a few key general changes, as well as a lot of item changes that are important for you to know.
With that said, this article will focus solely on the heroes and show you which are some of the biggest winners following the Dota 2 patch 7.34 update. There are a few names that stand out, so let’s dive in. Also, don’t forget to check our article about the heroes that have suffered the most following the new update.
Even though a lot of heroes received small buffs in 7.34, Bane is one of the names that has slightly more changes than the rest. We are not surprised by it because this is a hero that has not been that popular lately.
Following the Dota 2 patch 7.34 release date, Bane now has the following:
- Brain Sap now goes through debuff immunity.
- Nightmare allows Bane to gain +45 AS against sleeping units and his attack won’t awake them.
- Fiend’s Grip removes the Nightmare effect from the target.
- His level 10 talent removes 3s instead of 2s from Brain Sap’s cooldown and his level 25 talent increases Brain Sap’s damage and heal from +200 to +250.
Another hero that we expected to get some buffs is Brewmaster. One of Dota 2’s most interesting offlaner got a few small tweaks that we think will make him more popular, especially among professional players. Following the Dota 2 7.34 leaks, here’s what’s new:
- Base Armor is up by 1
- Cinder Brew allows Brewmaster to extend his own Brew Up duration when he deals or takes damage.
- Drunken Brawler’s Fire Stance grants +25 AS and the effect is doubled when brewed up. Also, this stance adds 20% crit instead of 24%.
- Lastly, the issue with Primal Companion not getting the HP bonus from the level 20 talent is now fixed.
The second STR hero that received a lot of changes is Bristleback, and it seems like he will be one of the popular heroes in the meta. After the Dota 2 7.34 update, he has tons of new things:
- Viscous Nasal Goo is no longer upgradable by Aghs, and its stacks are increased by 3.
- Bristleback is now upgradable by an Aghaim’s Scepter, and the item will allow you to point-target this ability. After 0.5s, you will turn against a target and eject 6 sequential Quill Sprays in a 0.35s interval. During that time, you will be disarmed and slow down by 40%, but you can use your abilities.
- Hairball will apply 2 stacks of Viscous Nasal GOo and only 1 stack of Quill Spray. Enemies in the FoW will also be hit by these abilities, and the Goo projectiles are no longer affected by spell reflection. The ability also costs less mana and has 2x less cooldown (10s instead of 20s).
If you check the Dota 2 7.34 Reddit posts, you will see that Centaur Warrunner is also one of the winners of the patch. He has a lot of new things that make him special, such as:
- Hoof Stromp has no cast point because it now Winds Up for 0.5s. Before stomping.
- Double Edge has a 3.5s cooldown instead of 4s and deals 150% of his STR as damage.
- Work Horse is a new ability by Agh’s that allows him to deploy a cart for 8s and get the Stampede debuff for 4.5s. While it’s active, this ability will be replaced with the Hitch-a-Ride sub-ability.
One of the best STR carries in the game also got a few big updates after we learned about the Dota 2 7.34 release date, so here’s what’s new about Chaos Knight.
- Chaos Bolt’s minimum stun is 2s on level 4, and maximum damage is up to 330.
- Chaos Strike multiplier is up to 1.6 instead of 1.5x.
- Level 10 talent grants +35 lifesteal instead of +30%.
Even though Dawnbreaker is not the most popular hero in Dota 2 lately, the recent buffs following the Dota 2 7.34 patch can definitely change that.
- Her base armor is up by 1
- Starbreaker now has a 0.1s cast point instead of 0.2s (shard no longer improves it).
- Solar Guardian now pierces spell debuff immunity.
- Level 10 talent grants +15% Celestial Hammer Slow instead of +14%.
- The other Level 10 talent grants +20 Starbreaker Wipe/Smash damage instead of +18.
Another hero that deserves attention following the Dota 2 7.34 patch is Dragon Knight. He got the following:
- Dragon Tail’s duration is now 450 instead of 400.
- Elder Dragon Form has 45 bonus MS instead of 35, and Corrosive Breath deals 35 DPS instead of 30.
- DK’s level 20 talent grants the hero +85% Breath Fire damage/cast range while in Dragon Form.
The Dota 2 Patch 7.34 brought massive changes to one of the long-forgotten supports in the game, and Grimstroke looks really good right now.
- Phantom’s Embrace now refreshes when the phantom reaches Grimstokme rather than when Rend Damage is dealt. The projectile speed is also up from 850 to 1150.
- Ink Swell now lasts for 5s instead of 3s and can be detonated. The maximum stun is up to from before, and the ability has more cast range.
- Soulbind now pierces spell immune targets.
In the Dota 2 patch 7.34, Gyrocopter also received a few important changes:
- Rocket Barrage now grants the hero 50% slow resistance for the duration.
- Flak Cannon has a 1250 radius instead of 1000, and it grants a bonus 200 night vision.
- Aghani’s Scepter Side Gunner now attacks an additional target when Flak Canno is on.
Following the Dota 2 Patch 7.34 release date, a lot of heroes received small buffs that will make them more interesting. In addition to the names mentioned above, we can also include the likes of:
There are even more heroes that deserve to be on the list, so make sure to learn more about them before you start playing.